Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Wrap


After skipping out early on the commentary on the Countdown this week it was fair to say with only one new song and Daft Punk still on top there was not much to report. However today there is exciting news, Matt Corby is back on the scene, it's exciting and a good time for Australian Music, take a listen below:


Disclosure are so close to releasing "Settle" I am thinking it's going to album of the year material, the singles have been divine thus far "You & Me" with Eliza Doolittle, "Latch" teaming up with Sam Smith & "White Noise" with AlunaGeorge.

One of Australia's hardest working bands Karnivool are back are for a short time you can grab their new track for nix - click here dear reader

Dizzee Rascal has been a busy boy of late too and released a new track (plus video) with mega pop star Robbie Williams, weird pairing? Very much so, does it work? I am not 100% sold yet but you know it may grow one me, have a listen below:



He was also super busy dropping H-Town, this song I am really unsure of whether I like it or not? I have heard it a few times on the radio and it's no "Bonkers" or even more recently "Bassline Junkie", so where is Dizzee headed?



So does all this Dizzee Rascal video noise mean a new album? And When?

Also when is my lady girl Azealia Banks dropping her debut? It's been a real quiet time for her and after a less than warm reception for her last tracks "Yung Rapunzel" I hope she doesn't just drop off the radar.

I hope you all enjoyed dance week last week and am loving Rudimental's home album as much as me, my favourite cut from the album "Baby" also now has a video, gosh this song is so killer! Forget Daft Punk, this is dance in 2013!



Last of all Aussie making it big overseas (and it seems she likes Bollywood) Iggy Azalea (not to be confused with Azealia Banks) has another track on the go, this video is fun, check it!



See you tomorrow for Throwback Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment