Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall Out Boy Friday


It's been a really long time (well it felt like a long time since the FBI 10th Birthday Bash with the Preatures) since I have had my ears violated in a live music scene. I really do love the Sydney Entertainment Centre and I will miss it when it finally gets a face lift.

Opening up with a tune "The Phoenix" which had a bit of a gruesome video to accompany it was a big brash tune and showed the boys were here to rock (American style). By the fourth tune it was familiar territory for me with "This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race" which was a stomping crowd favourite. The kids up the front really seemed to love it, fists up in the air and jumping up and down in unison.

"Beat it" the Michael Jackson cover did Jackson proud and kept his music alive. They then moved back to near where I was seated for two acoustic numbers which was an ace way to get the people at the back of the dance floor closer to the handsome Mr Pete Wentz & co.

So that concluded and they were back on stage rocking out. Good variety and a bit of fun along the way. The guys seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Overall I had a great time and of course the classic hit "This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race" was definitely my highlight.

Tonight One Direction: what is it with boy bands this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment