Thursday, December 26, 2013

Album of the year for 2013 & the winner is......


It's been a massive year for music (dance floor albums particularly) and this year we have meet some incredible new artists. Lorde, Haim, Disclosure and Rudimental have all impressed the socks off me.

So which album won me over the most? Was it the controversy of Kanye West's Yeezus? The magic of Lorde's Pure Heroine? The dance floor bliss of either Rudimental, Rufus or Disclosure? Or was it the sisterly bliss of Haim?

I must say my last few album of the year's have all been from solo acts so it's nice that this year my album of 2013 belongs to a group. And a new group. Yes drum roll please and a big round of applause for Haim.

Haim are playing next years sold out (in Sydney) St Jerome's Laneway Festival and I can't wait to see them there or hopefully at a sideshow. Days are Gone is a perfect pop record with hit after hit. "Forever" and "Don't Save Me" which landed in 2012 gave us a warning a band to mess with is on the way and the debut album more than delivered. It was perfect. "Falling" continued to gather new fans while "The Wire" was a chart smash and rightfully so.

"If I could Change Your Mind" is still my favourite cut and "Honey & I" is just a sublime cut.


2013 was the year for these LA sisters, Haim are proudly and simply the Album of the Year. The album is a perfect summer record so with JB Hi-Fi's 20% sale grab it now real cheap - HERE

So until next year (Australia Day to be exact) that is all for the album of the year. However on Australia Day I will announce the party starter Album of the year from the below remaining terrific nominations:





Sorry Lorde the album is no party started but a killer debut effort and I am sure my countdown of 200 songs will feature a lot of our favourite NZ export.

No comments:

Post a Comment