Saturday, January 4, 2014

Excellent contribution to Australian music in 2013: CUT COPY


Four albums into their career, one a little under the radar, one amazing and totally set my heart on fire, one luke warm follow on and now a return to form in FREE YOUR MIND. Released November 5 2013 and with two stellar singles lifted from it, this was the comeback album.


It also falls nicely into my Party Starter Album of the Year for 2013 category. This album however is not in the running but an album like this deserved a mention for one of the leading Australian Albums of 2013.

Such slick production and killer tunes like "Meet Me in a House of Love", "Free Your Mind" & "Let me Show You Love" I was more than impressed.

Cut Copy, well done on your return to form in 2013, I can't wait to see what 2014 and beyond has in stall for this Melbourne outfit. Come back here on Australia Day to see where they make it in Part 2 of my top 201 songs of 2013. So far they have got lucky at:

199 - Cut Copy - Let Me Show You

172 - Cut Copy - Meet Me In The House Of Love



No comments:

Post a Comment