Monday, August 25, 2014

Courtney Love at Sydney's Enmore Theatre


WOW! Just wow is all I can say for starters. 1990's rocker and wife to the king of grunge Kurt Cobain Courtney Love served up a random night of rock, 90's nostalgia and hit after hit from her former (maybe they will get back together, or maybe not) Hole.

The room was filled with 90's music lovers, gays, lesbians and pretty much everything in between. It was a totally random crowd with some delicious random sprays from Love on stage out to Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor, Nick Cave and everyone in between.

Her encore was a little random but after three chants of Courtney at the top of the Enmore Theatre's large crowd out she came in a new frock and baring roses.

Now blow by blow through the gig and what a gig it was...

"A Beautiful Mess" - SMH

Compared to Barbara Streisand - WTF - some gay blog

Photos galore

And now to my photo (well actually my date Suzi Q's - Thanks Suzi!):


The gig also got a wee mention and some tight photos posted on the Daily Mail in the UK, this was truly a gig to remember.

I loved all the tracks from the wonderful Hole record "Celebrity Skin" from it's title track to "Malibu", "Awful" to "Northern Star" and older songs like "Doll Parts"& "Miss World". Newer songs like "Skinny Little Bitch", "Wedding Day" & "You Know My Name" all went over well.

To say I almost lost my voice singing the Celebrity Skin hits, breathing in Courtney's smokes & the loud lesbians BO next me is an under statement.

My highlight for the night was catching a drumstick at the end of the gig and walking out thinking, fuck that was a gig, lady fights in front of me, 20 year old hit songs being sang out loud by a widely diverse group and a woman on stage who has seen a fuck load of shit. To use the words of Ms Love.

Cannot say how much I enjoyed this gig, god the gig I go to next has A LOT to live up to.

Courtney Love at the iconic Enmore Theatre an evening I will definitely remember, thank you Courtney XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment